Posts Tagged Berkshire Hathaway Homes Services
New Listing: 5615 Vinings Place Trail SE
Posted by thunsicker in Featured Homes for Sale, Uncategorized on April 29, 2016
This new listing is a spacious 4 bedroom family home located in a desirable swim/tennis community just a short drive to Whitfield Academy. The stacked stone entry opens into an airy first floor living area and vaulted family room.
The home features an open floor plan with a lovely staircase in the entry but still provides distinct living and dining areas.
A fresh, bright eat-in kitchen opens onto the family room with views of the fireplace and has french doors to the deck. The modern hood and solid countertops give the kitchen a streamlined look.
Just up the stairs, the master bedroom is spacious, with distinctive coffered ceiling details but is close to secondary bedrooms for easy access.
The crisp white master bathroom features a generous soaking tub and separate shower and dual sinks.
This home is located at the back of the community with views of the trees (instead of the neighbors!) Two decks, one off the kitchen and one at the back of the yard, and a patio just off the walk-out basement provide a relaxing spot to grill or add a fire pit.
With a finished walk-out basement (with a third garage door for workshop access) this home has tons of storage!
Please take a look at the full listing here for many more details and photos of this home and as always, feel free to reach out with any questions or to set up a viewing. Open House: Sunday, 5/1 from 2-4 pm
5616 Vinings Place Trail Mableton, GA 30126
Overview: 3,946 sq.ft.; 4 bedrooms; 3.5 bathrooms; 2 car garage; swim/tennis community
Listing Price: $378,000
New Listing: 2741 Vinings Orchard Circle SE
Posted by thunsicker in Featured Homes for Sale on April 29, 2016
Old-world details and timeless finishes provide an atmosphere of rustic elegance in this custom architect designed home. Beautiful stonework and a cool veranda make a gracious first impression.Arched doorways, beamed ceilings, and rich hardwoods continue the look of casual elegance into the open kitchen and living areas. The fireplace in the family room is framed by french doors leading to one of the home’s outdoor living areas.
No detail was overlooked in this airy eat-in kitchen complete with two-tone custom cabinetry, light stone countertops, a generous center island, and top of the line appliances. Step out into one of the home’s outdoor living areas to the beautifully landscaped pool and backyard, with a full outdoor kitchen and fireplace and two generous covered porches.
The easy flow outdoor from the home’s living areas and kitchen makes this work for a summer afternoon with the kids but transitions beautifully to an elegant evening setting for parties and entertaining. The beautiful landscaping provides privacy and creates a soothing outdoor oasis.
More intimate living areas center around the home’s second fireplace, creating a cosy spot to read or enjoy a quiet conversation. Crown moulding and millwork details continue throughout all of the living areas.
The master suite features 10 foot ceilings, thermal windows, and hardwood floors. His and hers bathrooms and huge closets complete the tranquil space.
Although this home is conveniently located in Vinings, it has the feel of a mountain retreat, your perfect getaway in the city.
This is a really unique and lovely property in a quiet walkable neighborhood. Please see the full listing here for more details and photos. And as always, please contact me with any questions about this great home or to set up a time to view it. Open House Sunday 5/1 from 2-4 pm.
Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices April Real Estate Video Update for Vinings
Posted by thunsicker in Vinings on April 12, 2016
Berkshire Hathaway HomeServices has released its video market update for Vinings real estate in April.
What I notice most is that things that have been sitting on the market are finally moving as prices have dropped to accommodate what buyers are willing to pay. New listings coming on the market (if priced correctly) are selling immediately. Buyers that have been sitting out there waiting for something to come on the market this spring, are finally buying. I think you’ll see a big uptick in these numbers come May for closings. The dramatic drops you’re seeing are due to lack of new inventory entering the market.
New Listing: 5617 Vinings Place Trail
Posted by thunsicker in Atlanta Real Estate, Berkshire Hathaway Home Services, Uncategorized on February 2, 2016
With its great indoor/outdoor spaces, this home is an entertainer’s dream. Located in a great swim and tennis community with a large landscaped yard, you’ll be ready for summer BBQs and cool fall evenings around the fire pit.
The living areas are bright and spacious with a great flow for entertaining. The breakfast and great rooms have windows on three sides and flow into the huge living room.
A warm kitchen with hardwood floors also opens onto the sunny breakfast area and the vaulted great room with its stacked stone fireplace and views of the back yard.
The large main-floor master suite has coffered ceiling details and one of the home’s three fireplaces which is double sided and opens into the master bath. Fresh, neutral paint and carpet make it ready for you to personalize.
Three upstairs bedrooms are generously sized, including a mini-master and a huge bonus room which could also function as a second floor lounge, media, or hobby room.
The basement “man-cave” even has a batting cage!
The decks and back yard face the back of the neighborhood with a tranquil green space – no neighbors overlooking.
Can’t you just see yourself making s’mores around the backyard fire pit? And the covered seating area under the deck is a great spot for your grill.
This home is packed with great features and is completely move-in ready. Check out the full listing here with even more photos and details. And as always, please contact me with any questions about this great home or to set up a time to view it.
Overview: 4.051 sq. ft., 4 bedrooms/4.5 bathrooms, 2 car garage, pool
Schools: Harmony-Leland/ Lindley/ Pebblebrook
Listing price: $389,000
Berkshire Hathaway Chairman’s Circle 2015 Gold Agent
Posted by thunsicker in Berkshire Hathaway Home Services on February 1, 2016
Berkshire Hathaway Home Services Georgia Properties is pleased to announce that Tina Hunsicker has been named as one of the Berkshire Hathaway Chairman’s Circle Gold Agents as a result of nearly $13 million in real estate sales for 2015!
November Real Estate Update for Vinings and Buckhead
Posted by thunsicker in Atlanta Real Estate, Data and Statistics, State of Real Estate Market on November 11, 2015
October real estate transaction volume is down in Vinings and Bulkhead, but not as severely as it was in September and August which was dramatically down month over month and year over year.
Vinings numbers are somewhat misleading as the transaction volume has been so low that percentages don’t seem relevant. The most notable thing to me was that the average sales price was under $800k, which says the main things selling are pretty close to lot prices, not so much resales.
In Buckhead, sales were down 14% year over year and 8% month over month. Buckhead is a much bigger market, so its most likely a seasonal dip in sales and a lack of inventory in the year over year sales.
New Listing: 4100 Paces Walk SE
Posted by thunsicker in Uncategorized on October 13, 2015
This bright condo is freshly painted and ready to be your new home! Top floor unit means high ceilings and wooded views; an elevator next to two dedicated parking spots means easy in-and-out with groceries. Lots of windows and an open floor plan make the kitchen and living areas feel spacious, while a gas fireplace creates a cozy ambiance. This community is close to all the shopping and dining in Vinings but with a peaceful atmosphere at home, a great place to relax at the end of the day.
Take a look at the full listing for a complete list of features and community amenities.
Overview: 1250 sq. ft., 2 bedrooms/ 2 bathrooms
Schools: Teasley/ Campbell/ Campbell
List price: $210,000
As always, please contact me if you have any questions about this home or to set up a time to view it.
October Real Estate Update for Buckhead
Posted by thunsicker in Uncategorized on October 9, 2015
Here is a video from Berkshire Hathaway with some interesting stats about the current real estate market in Buckhead. The market is down again this past month more than it was the previous month. I’m not sure if this is seasonal or just a mismatch of inventory to buyers. If you’ll notice, the average sales price is around $600k and the average listing price is $1.2M.
Posted by thunsicker in Uncategorized on November 20, 2014
We’re about to enter the whirlwind of the holiday season – in fact, it has already felt like Christmas time in Atlanta this week – Brrrrrr! I’m so glad that Thanksgiving marks the beginning of the holiday season because it gives me a chance to pause and reflect on all of the things that I am deeply grateful for before all of the exciting business of the season begins. Here are a few of the things I’m thankful for:
Its Fall and we’re heading into Thanksgiving week, so I only thought it appropriate that I post what I’m Thankful For:
1. Our health – after losing a few young friends this year to terrible diseases, I am ever so mindful that we need to be thankful for our health.
2. My son’s education – every time I am at my son’s school I am reminded how lucky and blessed I am that he is able to get the quality education that he receives and it reminds that I want to help those that aren’t as fortunate to allow their children to prosper.
3. Continued good business. After so many terrible years in real estate, 2013 and 2014 have been a blessing and one I hope continues for not only my benefit but my clients who are able to make transitions in housing without a financial hardship.
4. A supportive broker – this business can be tough and as an independent business person I’ve never realized the benefit of a great broker until this year. For the first time since I’ve been in real estate I feel like I have a partner versus someone who just cares about taking a chunk of my money. It is truly a win-win relationship.
5. My friends, family, and neighbors – as a single mom I hear others talk about how hard it is when their husband works late hours or is on a business trip, but many of them don’t work. I get by daily as the sole provider for my family with the help of my friends and neighbors. Even though I don’t have family nearby I have their support just a phone call away. I have friends and neighbors that are happy to swing by and pick up my child with just a text or phone call and a resilient son who doesn’t worry if Mom is later than planned, he knows she’s probably with a client.
6. My village – this is part of the friends and neighbors, but even more its familiarity and tradition. I realize as the Holidays approach and my son is now 10 years old that the things we have done for years in Vinings such as the Halloween party, Vinings Tree Lighting etc are becoming part of his “story” and life and it brings him comfort and a sense of home. Even though I am occasionally tempted by a great deal on a house somewhere else it comes down to whats best for my son and the comfort of the known outweighs the perks of another house or location.
7. Flexible time – one of the reasons I went into real estate was to allow myself to have a “life”. Little did I realize that life would require working every single day with no real time off EVER! But the benefit of that is I can schedule around things at my son’s school and can participate in things that most Moms who don’t work can do and then I just end up on my computer til midnight making up for it, but I can do it all that way. Plus this career has allowed me to have flexibility and be the best Mom I can be for my sweet little boy.
8. My dogs – as my parents lost their much-loved Boston Terrier – Suzy this year I am reminded how much unconditional love comes from my 2 fellas. The help me appreciate nature as they like to take walks and sniff everywhere they go. My littlest one is truly my shadow and they are both at my feet while I work from home on many days.
9. Reliable service providers – this may not make sense to many, but I do feel blessed to have people who I can trust to help me with maintaining and enhancing my house. My gardener, handyman, painters etc. I own a rental property and have my house and without them I would be overwhelmed with tasks that could be difficult to manage. I feel comfortable leaving them a key and I know the work will get done. I haven’t always had this comfort, I am grateful to have it now.
10. Technology – again this may seem like an odd thing to be thankful for, but technology truly allows me to communicate with many more people than I could in years past. Prior to the advent of everyone on email we’d have to spend hours a day calling people to arrange for appointments, follow up on showings etc. Today things are pretty instantaneous and I can see when someone is entering a listing or text an agent to get feedback or email a client about a showing, allowing me to be much more productive than in years past.
And the most important of all, I am thankful for my son, this coming week reminds me of my journey to Russia 9 years ago to bring him home. Each day of the Thanksgiving week brings a different memory and I reflect on it each year. My Mom travelled with me on both trips and she remembers each day as if it was yesterday as well. We boarded the flight to Kemerovo on Sunday and arrived on Monday and by the following Saturday after Thanksgiving we were back in Atlanta with a new baby boy! I know many agents remember that time as well as I think everyone in Buckhead and Vinings was following my journey. We didn’t have WordPress back then, but I did an early version of a Blog on Google 360. I’ll have to see if I can still find it, it was sporatic as it wasn’t always easy to find internet access back then in Siberia, but it still captured a lot of what was happening to us daily. So reflect on what you’re Thankful for this Thanksgiving and I hope it will be a wonderful one for you and your family as well.
As a little Thanksgiving bonus I thought I’d add that I’m grateful for this season of hospitality too, a time to reconnect with friends and family over a special holiday meal. Here’s a recipe for a traditional Southern party favorite, cheese straws. These are great for guests to nibble with a glass of wine and they would also be a great way to show your gratitude to your holiday hosts!
- 1 2/3 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or more to taste
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 8 ounces extra-sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons water
Lights, Camera, Action, Y’all!
Posted by thunsicker in Famous People in Atlanta, Uncategorized on November 7, 2014
Atlanta’s booming film industry has brought a flurry of A-list stars to Buckhead recently. Ryan Gosling, who is filming the ‘70’s noir “The Nice Guys” with Russell Crowe was spotted out enjoying dinner at the Buckhead Diner last weekend. They have been filming all over town including the retro fabulous Sandy Springs home of Dallas Austin (where Justin Beiber stayed while he worked on a recording project earlier this year).
Marvel is filming “Ant-man” downtown in mid-November, superhero fans! The film is starring Paul Rudd as a man who can change sizes and communicate with insects. And speaking of superheroes, former superheroine and Cartersville native Chloe Moretz (who was Hit Girl in the film “Kick Ass”) is filming “The Fifth Wave” on location in Ansley Park.
And for fans of ‘80’s comedy, Ed Helms of “The Office” is back in his hometown of Atlanta doing a sequel to the Griswald’s “Vacation” to Wally World. He’s playing the role of a grown-up Rusty Griswald with Christina Applegate cast as his wife. I hear that while their roles will be small, both Chevy Chase and Beverly D’Angelo will be making an appearance. They’ve been filming around Midtown and in Charlotte NC.
It sounds like there will be more of this in our area as Tyler Perry Studios expands with its purchase of property in the decommissioned Ft MacPherson and Jim Jacoby builds the huge Atlanta Media Campus and Studios in Gwinnett, slated to be the largest movie complex outside of California.
If you’re looking for a little of the “lights, camera, action” yourself, here’s a casting call I recently heard about: Looking for wealthy philanthropists, business owners and CEOs for an inspirational, uplifting primetime hour-long series for a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. The ideal families should live in the Atlanta area, have at least one 7-12-year-old child and would be able to assist another family in need. If you have everything in life money can buy and feel like giving back to a hard working family who had their run of bad luck, please apply here: http://www.nbc.com/casting#htohl
Break a leg, y’all!