It’s that time of year again- no, not pumpkin spice latte season, private school application season! Atlanta’s premier private schools are holding open houses beginning this month. Attending a school’s open house is a great way to get a feel for which school will be the best fit for your child’s education. Placement can be competitive, so it’s a good idea to get those applications in shape and in to Admissions as soon as possible. Here’s a tip: since 6th grade is the more common expansion year into middle school, applying to schools for the 5th grade year can increase your odds of acceptance and allow your child to settle into a new environment before the transition into middle school and doubled class sizes that begin in 6th grade.
Here are some upcoming open house dates to keep in mind:
- November 15 – The Westminster Schools: Lower School Open House
- November 16 – The Lovett School: Grades 1-5 Open House 1:00 PM Grades 6-8, 3:30 PM and Woodward Academy: Open House 2-4:45 PM
- November 17 – The Galloway School: Upper Learning Admissions Tour 9:00-10:30 AM
- November 18 – The Galloway School: Early Learning Admissions Tour 9:00-10:30 AM
- November 21 – Atlanta Girls’ School: Prospective Parent Info Session 9:00-10:30 AM
- November 22 – Pace Academy: Middle & Upper School Open House 1:00 PM
- November 23 – Pace Academy: Lower School Open House 1:00 PM
- November 24 – The Galloway School: Middle Learning Admissions Tour 9:00-10:30 AM
- December 5 – The Westminster School: Middle School Open House
- December 6 – Holy Innocents Episcopal School: All School Open House starting at 11:00 AM and The Westminster School: Upper Schools Open House
- January 22, 2015 – The Lovett School: Grades 9-12 Open House 6:30 PM
Whitefield Academy has a number of open house dates throughout the coming months; you can see which time best fits your schedule at their calendar here.
You can also find helpful links to the school’s main websites on my Private Schools tab.