Summer Camp registration is heating up! If you haven’t decided on which programs your children will attend this year, now is the time to do it. I’ve done posts over the years with links to camps both in the Atlanta area and sleep-away camps that Chase has loved or friends have recommended. Whether your children want to experience sleep away camp or they’re involved in a sport and want an intensive day camp experience, there are a lot of options, many of which are convenient to Vinings and Buckhead.
Chase loves water sports so he will be attending Camp Seagull-Seafarer’s seamanship program in North Carolina this summer. Another draw is that they are affiliated with the Coast Guard, so all of their boating activities are overseen by USCG licensed captains.
He’ll also be attending a day camp that is new to Atlanta that he’s really excited about. I2Camp is for middle school students and is all about science, technology, engineering, and math. It is really interesting and special and I’ve never seen anything like it. Sessions will be at the Westminster Campus.
There are also specific sports camps- I’ll list several recommended camps below- as well as theatre and nature camps. Georgia Tech is offering an information expo on February 18 with a lot of information about their summer youth camps as well as a resource guide for other Atlanta-area camps.
Sadly, I just found out that one of Chase’s favorite rustic camps is no longer in operation; Josh Powell Summer Day Camp posted the following on their website: “We would like to thank you for your support in making Josh Powell Day Camp a success for 43 years! We were delighted to be able to run camp for three years after Josh’s passing in 2011, and now it is time for us to bring the camp to a close. There were few things that Josh enjoyed more than running camp, getting to know you and your children, and introducing the campers to the wonders of the outdoors and Georgia Red Clay. He delighted in seeing the children of former campers come through each summer and hearing your stories on Parents’ Days. He was able to lead a life that he loved because of your support through the years. Thank you for being a part of it. The Powell Family“
Chase attended for 3 years and made a lot of great memories there.
Other recommended Atlanta camps:
- Club Scientific, another science camp in Atlanta (They have LEGO robotics!!!). Early Registration has already started.
- Alliance Theatre Drama Camps. 4O% off on January 21st only!
- Kidz Tennis
- St. Martin’s Episcopal Day School has a fun Jr. Mad Scientist camp
- MJCCA offers a variety of summer camp programs.
- Dwyers Adventure Camps is now accepting registration
- NYO Sports offers a wide variety of sports camps; they are currently accepting registration
- Bitsy Grant Tennis and Golf Camp, registration begins in February
- Dan Perez Baseball Camp, accepting registration now
- Chastain Park Art Camp, registration open now.
- YMCA Buckhead, registration now
- Forefront Arts Theatre Camps start registering February 1st
- Dunwoody Nature Center begins registration for members February 1; open registration begins February 15.
- Marist offers sports camps but the Boys Fun Camp, which is all boys and they get to play old-school games all day, comes highly recommended. Word is there is going to be a Girls Fun Camp this summer as well. Registration is January 15th.
- Emory University offers a variety of sports camps throughout the summer.
- High Meadow Summer Camp in Roswell has open registration.
- Children’s Museum Atlanta Imagine It! Camps offer adventure, science, drama, and creativity camps.